This article will discuss a landing page, why you should have one, and tips on creating an effective landing page that increases conversions.
Table of Contents
- What is a Landing Page?
- How is Landing Page Different from Home Page?
- Ways to Build a Landing Page
- Tips to Create a Highly Convertible Landing Page
What is a Landing Page?
A web page designed primarily to capture leads and convert visitors into customers is known as a landing page. However, it’s more likely to use visuals and persuasion tactics to draw in people.
The landing page is primarily used for marketing via social media, emails, newsletters, and so on. In most cases, the landing page is the one on which consumers arrive from any traffic source first.
Therefore, a landing page is a standalone web page linked to your primary site. The principal aim of any landing page is to collect visitors’ contact information and promote a specific product or service.
The common purpose of all landing pages is a call to action (CTA).
How is a Landing Page Different from Home Page?
The website homepage is a page that appears when you browse, entering your domain name, and the front page shows the homepage of your website. It is a page of your extensive website that often contains a wealth of information and is primarily dedicated to the introduction of the business.
In short, your homepage invites visitors to learn more about your company.
On the other hand, a landing page is a page where your visitors come from third-party or paid advertisements, social media, newsletters, etc. It is a standalone page, and the immediate objective is a call-to-action that implies fewer links. There is nothing to divert your visitors from converting.
Why divert all your paid traffic to a landing page?
The answer is simple – For better ROAS (Return on Ad Spend)
Your homepage traffic comes from another unpaid source – direct traffic, organic Google searches, building brand awareness, content shared on social media, etc.
The website includes only one homepage, but landing pages can be created as many as you want for different purposes. Your traffic from Google ads, Facebook and Twitter, Instagram, newsletter, or other paid traffic that you drive to your website may have different goals.
Ways to Build an Impactful Landing Page
I) Build a Landing page Using Elementor
You can use Elementor and its drag-and-drop design interface to create landing pages by implementing these steps –
1. Install and activate Elementor Plugin.
2. To create a landing page, go to Templates >> click on Landing pages >> Add New Landing page.
3. From the Elementor editor, choose one of the premade landing page templates or close the template library.
If you want, create your own customized landing page from scratch.
4. Set up the Visual Editor before designing the landing page correctly.
Note: When creating a landing page, you must have a clean page without a header, footer, or sidebar.
5. You will create it with Elementor automatically by applying the Elementor Canvas page layout.
There, you will find various free and pro templates. Browse through the list, select one that best suits your requirements, and click on that Template Insert button.
6. Now, you can design your landing page freely with several features. Set up the landing page’s top section, header and navigation area, gallery area, and so on.
7. Save the change by clicking on the Publish button; visit your landing page.
II) Build Landing Page with the help of a Plugin: Beaver Builder
You can easily create a landing page with the Beaver Drag & Drop WordPress page builder; follow these steps –
1. Install and activate the Beaver Builder plugin.
2. From the WordPress dashboard, navigate to Pages >> Add New page to create your first landing page.
3. Now click on the Launch Beaver Builder button to create a landing page.
4. Select a template under the landing pages option from the top right corner of that page.
Here are several ready-made templates.
You can choose the landing template you like the most and save your changes. After you have selected your template Beaver Builder, it loads in the preview window.
5. Now, click on any page content and images to start editing.
6. You can change and add text, background, color, rows, columns, insert images, and remove any content or items from that template.
7. After you are satisfied with the design and your created content, save your changes by clicking on the Done button at the top or publish it.
III) Build Landing Page with the help of Divi –
Divi includes an organized category of ready-to-use landing page templates that you can use by following these steps –
1. Install and activate Divi Builder Plugin.
2. After activating the plugin, create a landing page.
3. Go to Pages >> Add a new page.
4. Click on the Use Divi Builder button.
You can see a pop-up welcoming you!
5. Now, click on the Start Building button.
6. There, you can find the options to “Build from scratch”, “Choose A Premade Layout“, or “Clone Existing Page“.
On choosing Layout, select a template you have to use as a starting point, and click on it.
7. You can view the layout information and additional templates on the next screen.
In addition, most layout packs come with a template for a landing page that you can utilize.
8. Continue by clicking on the Use this layout button.
9. You will be asked to provide your Divi account username and API key.
Find that information from your Elegant Themes website account.
10. After installation of your selected layout, you can preview your page from the page builder.
11. Now, select the edit element from your screen, and place the cursor over the text from the text element to edit and start typing.
You can also see the pop-up on the screen from where you can try different customizations.
12. Add sections, modules, and rows by clicking on the + icon anywhere on the page.
Divi will use rows, modules, and sections to build a layout.
13. After you are satisfied with the editing, click the Publish button.
14. You can exit from the WordPress admin panel by clicking on the Exit Visual Builder.
15. You will be redirected to the live version of your landing page, where you can again resume editing from the Enable Visual Editor button at the top of the Toolbar.
Tips to Create a Highly Convertible Landing Page
I) Decide on the goal of the conversion
Depending on the type of business, decide which action will be most effective for your landing page. The ultimate goal for any site is to improve the conversion rate. To achieve this end, break down the strategic objectives into smaller, more achievable goals and focus on the conversion rate.
For instance, you can encourage online visitors to take a free trial, sign up, subscribe, download, etc. Then slowly and gradually, you can divert that to your ultimate goal – selling your premium product or service.
II) Have a clear value proposition
Be short, powerful, and specific when you want to convince the reader. A slogan helps to support the core value proposition as long as it is not too complicated.
III) Call to Action
When adding a call-to-action, it should be short and direct, with text that’s easy to read. Use an image that supports the CTA. It can be a button or form that must be easy to click and prominently visible.
For example, make these options visible and appealing – Order Now, Read Other Articles and Start a Free Trial.
Creating an effective landing page is necessary for any good marketing campaign, as it can ensure that your target audience takes the desired action. Landing pages are usually distinct from the rest of your website and typically feature a compelling call to action. So, follow this easy guide and start creating a landing page.