Recently, we faced several blacklisting issues on our new SSD Linux servers. A majority of the SPAM emails were originating from email forwarding services.
In an effort to mitigate these blacklists, we have disabled GMail forwarding for new accounts. Hence, new customers will receive errors, if they attempt to do GMail forwarding task.
Although, we have not deleted existing forwards yet, but we will remove them soon to avoid any further damage.
Hence, we strongly recommend our customers (who have set forwarding to Gmail) to disable GMail forwards and use an alternative in the form of Google’s recommended Mail Fetch function. Let’s see, how you can do it:
- Login to your GMail account:
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Leave a copy of the retrieved messages on the server – Check the box. Otherwise, the emails in your other account will be deleted and you will only be able to access them in Gmail.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail – If you are using Incoming mail server as “ssdlinux32.accuwebhosting.com”, keep this option checked. If you are using “mail.yourdomain.com“, keep this option unchecked.
- Label incoming messages – Check the box, if you would like to easily see which emails in your inbox came from this account.
- Archive incoming messages – Don’t check. Only check, if you do not want to see new messages from the other account in your inbox.
- Click Add Account. If you get an error message while getting set up, click the Show error details link to find out more about what’s not working.
- If you get a message saying that POP is disabled, go to the settings page of your other email account and look for a way to enable POP.
- Once your account has been added successfully, you will be asked if you want to be able to send mail with this address. This lets you compose messages in Gmail itself, but will appear as if they are sent from your other email account.
Latest posts by Rahul Vaghasia (see all)
- The Most Valuable 30 Live Chat with Screen Sharing Software - December 11, 2018
- The 11 Best Live Chat Software Solutions Compared - July 12, 2017
- Top 5 High Availability Dedicated Server Solutions - June 22, 2017