Top 6 AWS Certifications for Developer to Consider: AWS or Amazon Web Services is an inexpensive, scalable, and highly reliable cloud computing platform brought to us by Amazon. It targets the growth of the businesses and supports them with their cloud computing needs.
AWS is a mixture of high-end cloud functions (compute power, database storage, content delivery, etc.) with advanced infrastructure facilitating enterprises.
Professional AWS learning programs bring ultimate opportunities for folks interested in being Cloud Practitioner or any other such relevant position. Thankfully, there is a bunch of Certification Training Courses for this particular subject.
This article will describe the best Online AWS developer certifications, out of which you can select the one, work hard on that, and finally, attain your dream job.
- SysOps Administrator
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Solutions Architect
- AWS Advanced Networking – Specialty
Besides that, we’ll kill certain doubts regarding AWS developer certification requirements, paths, and much other stuff.
Get your seatbelt on, and here we go!
Top 6 AWS Developer Certifications to Consider
Before moving on, we’d like to acknowledge the importance of a perfect hosting environment for the developers. If you’re interested in any of the following 6 AWS certifications, you actually can’t skip the practice process, can you?
Accuweb’s VPN service can make you a fan, and it has helped developers across the globe and brought them convenience in achieving their goal. We can proudly say we’ve got the best VPS service for AWS developers.
SysOps Administrator: Best Developer Certifications #1
This certification is somewhat misleading too. It’s not just for SysOps Admins. It’s for anybody who runs stuff on AWS. This exam goes rather deeply on CloudWatch, among other things. Going via this certification provides you a much stronger grasp of what’s happening and going on in your AWS architecture.
Most importantly, SysOps Admin is widely recognized as the hardest AWS Associate certification. However, it’s pretty unique to complete all of the Associates before taking on the Professional exams, which are much harder. The Professionals in Associate level exams know everything except you like the back of your hand; therefore, skipping one, certainly, the hardest one, might come back to bite you.
Who should be interested?
This certification is for those individuals who enjoy highly technical work, for example, building and handling systems higher than they enjoy programming. In case you certainly enjoy programming, then DevOps roles might be suitable for you.
SysOps is the type of work where configuring Windows or Linux servers is possible:
- Handle networking ( switches, think routers, and IP Addresses).
- Investigate and find solutions to issues.
- Installing software packages for developers.
The amount of programming knowledge you’ll require in entering the DevOps field, by comparison, is much higher in comparison to SysOps, however, lesser than a Developer. You should know:
- The process of working with YAML, JSON, and configuration files
- Bash or PowerShell scripting
- working with some programming languages, however, only to configure SDKs in a simple copy-and-paste way.
There are numerous DevOps specialization roles, so there are several opportunities for development or future career transition.
What should you know?
The amount of programming know-how you require to enter the DevOps field; in contrast, is much less than a Developer, but much more than a SysOps; you would need to know:
- Deploy, operate scalable, handle, highly accessible, and fault-tolerant system
- Estimate AWS usage expenses and identify operational expense control mechanisms
- Know the appropriate usage of AWS operational ideal practices
- Implement and handle the flow of data to & from AWS
- Migrate on-premises workloads to AWS
- Choose the right AWS service on the basis of pc, data, or security needs
AWS Certified Database – Specialty: Best Developer Certifications #2
To ensure its certification is providing an accurate reflection of the practical requirements of the cloud ecosystem, AWS has crafted the certification specialty, Database, and the first AWS credential to concentrate explicitly on database technology.
Built to test the skills of those working in roles that are database-related. According to AWS, the new cert will validate “a huge understanding of AWS database services breadth as well as how to accelerate the usage of database technology for driving business transformation.”
Who should be interested?
AWS has developed its Specialty certifications for rubbering-stamp deep expert knowledge across a niche’s range of cloud fields. However, they aren’t for the generalists; you’ll require a practical working understanding regarding database technology to land this badge.
As there are no prerequisites for the exam, AWS recommends you have:
- A minimum 5-year experience regarding common database technologies
- At least 2-year experience of hands-on experience working on AWS
- You must have expertise & experience of working with on-premises, NoSQL databases, and AWS Cloud-based relational
Basically, those sitting for this certification can be Database Administrators, Database Developers, Data Platform Engineers, and Solutions Architects.
What should you know?
The exam for this certification is basically broken down into 5 subject areas, in which each weighted to know how much will the test feature said topic. You have to train yourself in the following course, which includes:
It will cover Workload-Specific Database Design, taking up the biggest chunk of the exam.
This Domain will assess the ability you have to choose the correct database tool/service for different sorts of data and workload. Also, how you determine the ideal strategies for disaster recovery as well as ensuring high availability.
Proving your ability to design database solutions, which are high-performing, scalable, and compliant, is what you’ll have to show. Besides that, you’ll have o indicate cost up database solutions to make sure you’re getting the most value for the organization.
It is entirely based on Deployment and Migration, for example, preparing data for import, automating database deployment, and executing & validating a data migration that is successful.
It encompasses everything based on Management and Operations. This is basically your business-as-usual elements of running a database and ensuring it’s properly optimized.
You’ll have to showcase your abilities to perform maintenance tasks & processes, consider creating backup & restore strategies, and handle the operational environment of the Database you have.
The fourth Domain actually covers Monitoring and Troubleshooting. To master this section, you must know the planning, setting up monitoring, and alerting strategies to monitor your database health perfectly.
Also, you must understand the basics of troubleshooting and resolving some commonest issues, which can arise with your databases. After that, you’ll have to optimize it for the maximum performance.
Last, however, not least. The 5th Domain incorporates Database Security. This section will be covering questions regarding encrypting data both at rest & in transit, evaluating the ideal audit solutions, and determining access as well as authentication controls.
AWS Certified Developer – Associate: Best Developer Certifications #3
You might consider that this cert is for developers, as after all, it says developer right there – However, in actual, it’s really for anyone who utilizes AWS. In terms of concentration, this AWS certification takes you in-depth into services such as Dynamo DB, SNS, Elastic Beanstalk, and SQS, but not highly deep. It expects you to have knowledge about the utilization of these services. Also, how they showcase themselves to the outside world via APIs & SDKs.
Who should be interested?
This learning path is highly suitable for anyone wanting to pass the exam of AWS Developer Associate Certification. AWS will is having two versions of the Developer Associate exam accessible. In case you’re a fresher to the Developer Associate exam, we suggest beginning this new learning path, which has been built around the most recent certification exam guide. In case you .prefer sitting or renewing the previous exam, then you must select their previous learning path.
What should you know?
- Access Management
- Edge Services
- Serverless Architecture
- Developer Tools
The Golden tip
Hey, have you made a choice form the top 3? are you worried about which hosting environment will assist you the best? Well, give the below button a tap!
DevOps Engineer – Professional: Best Developer Certifications #4
DevOps is everything regarding combining operations, development, and a quality mindset to shepherd systems via time. This exam reflects that and really needs you to consider not just static systems, which are deployed once, but systems that change and develop over time.
While CSA – Pro is a big elephant among the most popular AWS developer certifications, DevOps Engineer – Professional basically goes deeper into certain areas such as deployments & lifecycles. Also, the services, for example, CloudFormation and OpsWorks). Pro is a unique and valuable stepping stone in between of the associate level certs as well as the Solutions Architect – Professional certification.
Who should be interested?
This Learning Path is highly suitable for those individuals who want to pass the exam of AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional Certification. This is one of a couple of Professional level certifications accessible with AWS. Besides that, it’s guided to those who are already holding experience with AWS, and ideally, already have ones passed the exam of AWS Certified Developer – Associate. However, this is not an essential requirement in taking this certification.
What should you know?
This certification’s aim is to validate your knowledge from a number of numerous key areas that have been explained by AWS as being able to:
- Implement and handle continuous delivery systems & methodologies on AWS
- Define & deploy metrics, monitoring, and logging systems on AWS
- Implement as well as automate security controls, compliance validation, and governance processes
- Designing, handling, and maintaining tools for automating operational processes
- Implement systems which are scalable, highly accessible, and self-healing on the AWS platform
As a means of describing this knowledge, you’ll be tested from around 6 different segments, in which each Domain is contributing the complete percentage of your entire score. These domains are basically broken down as:
- SDLC Automation 22%
- Configuration Management & Infrastructure as Code 19%
- Operating and Logging 15%
- Policies & Standards Automation 10%
- Incident & Event Response 18%
- Fault Tolerance, High Availability, and Disaster Recovery 16%
AWS Solutions Architect: Best Developer Certifications #5
Now, talking about the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification, it provides you a broad overlook of AWS and forms a great foundation on which one can build everything else he’ll learn moving forward. There is a certain reason it’s been the top-ranking cloud certification for a few years.
The CSA – Associate certification lays importance on the core AWS services, such as Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Identity and Access Management (IAM), S3, and EC2. Study these core services, and you’ll get a good knowledge of how AWS approaches networking, data storage, security, and compute capability.
Who should be interested
This path is suitable and sweet for anyone looking to pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) exam. The exam has been molded for folks within a solutions architect role. It will validate and verify your knowledge within this area and effectively demonstrate your ability to architect solutions with the help of best practice design principles, in a robust and secure way.
What should you know?
The target of this certification is to validate your understanding and grasp across numerous different key areas, which have been stated by AWS as being able to:
- Provide implementation guidance grounded on the most suited practices to the organization throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Define a solution with the help of architectural design principles grounded on customer requirements.
- Effectively demonstrate knowledge regarding how to architect and deploy robust and secure applications on AWS technologies.
AWS Advanced Networking – Specialty: Best Developer Certifications #6
The sixth among the most considerable developer certifications is the AWS Advanced Networking – specialty.
AWS Specialty certifications drill extremely deep on very narrow focus areas, including networking, security, machine learning, big data, etc. Like the pro-level certs, they aren’t to be approached comfortably and lightly. Multiple years of hands-on experience in every single specialty domain is highly recommended.
We’re discussing advanced networking certification here, which digs into both AWS-only and hybrid networks. The aspects like cost optimization and multi-region setups are parts of it. We can’t call it an all-encompassing cert. A few services exist where it focuses, about which you don’t know.
You should deeply know everything about some specific services like Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), routing, and Direct Connect.
Who should be interested
This course is absolutely perfect for the aspirants who intend to gain deeper knowledge related to the AWS’s networking aspect. If you wanna develop, Design, and deploy cloud-related solutions using AWS besides implementing core AWS services as per the basic architecture best practices, then you’re suited to this certification.
Besides that, if you’re interested in Designing and maintaining network architecture for various AWS services, besides Leverage tools to automate AWS’s networking- related tasks, then you should try it.
What should you know?
This exam is inline besides being tougher than the professional exam. The biggest reason behind that is -Networking concepts it covers aren’t something you can expect to get your hands dirty that easily.
AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty exam highly focuses on AWS Networking concepts. The following are the requirements.
- You should hold current Associate-level certification: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate, or AWS Certified Developer – Associate. If not, then we should have an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- CIDR and sub-netting (IPv4/IPv6).
- Development of automation scripts and tools.
- Hands-on experience (Minimum 5 years ) implementing and architecting network solutions.
- Networking technologies within the OSI model, besides how they affect implementation decisions.
- IPv6 transition challenges.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS networking technologies and concepts.
- Generic solutions for network security features, eg. DDoS protection, WAF, IDS, IPS, and Economic Denial of Sustainability/Service (EDoS)
- Advanced networking interconnectivity options (e.g., MPLS/VPLS, IP VPN), and architectures.
How to get AWS certified
Frankly saying, the AWS certification examination isn’t the toughest thing to do. The primary challenge of this certification is the amount of info needed to absorb to assuredly pass this examination.
Every single AWS Certification dealing with a specific domain, and the domain realization is dealt with several services. So, for example, if you desire to pass the AWS Solution Architect Associate certification, it’s not needed to know various services, only a part of service knowledge is needed.
All domains come with their respective primary and secondary services. Therefore you need to understand a few services deeply with all compulsory features and having basic knowledge about secondary services.
All AWS certifications are AWS white-papers based. Accordingly, it is needed to learn them, although you don’t have to learn them by heart. AWS white-papers also provide pretty useful information regarding AWS projects and services.
The important part…
First, get your hands dirty. A better way to learn AWS simply doesn’t exist. So you should use it first. Exams validate your proficiency in working with AWS. Still, we’d say, practical experience is the ultimate way to prepare. This way, you really know what exactly to do.
After getting a free AWS account, reap the full benefit of the Free Tier. Roll your gaze over exam prep resources, sample questions, blueprints, etc.
To find all that, visit – AWS Certification website. A similar page hosts recommended whitepapers for each exam. If you skip that, you make a mistake! The whitepapers provide profound info about the services on which you’ll be tested. Hence, they are an absolute must.
AWS certification cost
The costs of the certifications vary and are very cheap in contrast to other certification costs. Hence, it permits engineers from poor and developing countries to develop the ability and skills to pass AWS certification and, after that, expand their career perspectives.
- Practitioner Level — 100$
- Associate Level — 150$
- Professional Level — 300$
- Specialty Level — 300$
AWS machine learning certification: Recommended Knowledge and Experience
- 1-2 years of experience developing, running ML/deep learning regarding workloads on the AWS Cloud, or architecting.
- Experience performing basic hyperparameter optimization
- The potential to express the instinct behind basic ML algorithms
- The ability to go around with model-training best practices
- Experience with ML & deep learning frameworks
- The potential to follow operational and deployment best practices
What is the AWS certification salary?
Students often inquire if gaining an AWS certification is enough to bring them a job. If we provide a simple answer, then an AWS certification alone isn’t going to get you a job. There are numerous other attributes that play a huge part in kick-starting your AWS career.
The same thing goes on with the salary. As the certifications vary, salary varies. The tougher the certificate you attain, the higher your salary may rise. Just, for example, the average salaries for the following certificates are:
- $148,456 avg. – AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Professional)
- $130,883 avg. – AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
- $137,724 avg. – AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- $130,610 avg. – AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (Associate)
Benefits of AWS Certification
If we begin counting, there are several advantages to becoming AWS certified. A few are listed below:
- Validate your knowledge and skills in the preeminent cloud computing platform.
- Are recognized industry-wide as well-designed and reliable tech credentials.
- Provide access to a network of AWS thought-leaders and like-minded geeks.
- Are consistently listed among the best paying info-tech certifications across the world.
- Garner more interviews for attracting cloud specialists and enjoying higher wages after getting hired.
- Require recertification, ensuring that your AWS skills and capabilities remain current.
- Demonstrate dedication and credibility to your cloud engineering career path.
Which is the AWS certification path to follow?
It depends upon your interest, as you need dedication while following any path. Nothing among these can be best of all!
Talking about Learning paths, we’ll describe these as the progressions of exams and courses AWS recommends you to follow, and helps to polish your skills and train you to use the AWS Cloud. The following are the major learning paths. We’ve grouped them into 3 categories overall: by your solution’s area, by your role, and by your APN Partner needs.
- Cloud Practitioner
- Developer (cloud)
- DevOps Engineer
- Business Decision Maker
- Data Platform Engineer
- Data Scientist (ML)
- Advanced Networking
- Alexa Skill Builder
- Data Analytics
- Game Tech
- Machine Learning
- Media Services
APN Partner Paths
- AWS Business Professional
- AWS Technical Professional
- AWS Professional Services
If you’ve got some doubts, tap HERE.
We’re sure that you’re up with a choice regarding which AWS certification is going to be the best for a developer like you. If it’s so, then you need not wait about anything else. Gather all your dedication, and channelize it to learn the course needed for that certification.
If you have to choose a hosting environment for practicing, then don’t take the hassle of comparing any hosting services. Just tap the button below, and you’ll be amazed by the offerings: