- Do not execute any program in your computer unless you believe it is from a trusted source.
- Never open emails from unknown senders especially having attachments with the extensions .exe, .vbs.
- Regularly update the anti-virus, anti-spyware on your computer on regular basis.
- Regularly install the latest patches available of your Operating System.
- Scan CDs, DVDs, pen drives or any external storage device for virus using anti virus software before using it.
- Do not accept programs sent out from Instant Messaging applications.
- When you download any program from Internet websites always scan them first before you use.