1. In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, expand the Web Sites directory, right-click the Web site you wish to change, and click Stop.
2. Use Windows Explorer, to rename the LocalDrive:\Inetpub\Wwwroot directory to the name of your choice. Alternatively, you can copy the entire \Wwwroot directory tree to a new location.
3. In IIS Manager, right-click your Web site, and click Properties.
4. Click the Home Directory tab, and under The content for this resource should come from, click A directory located on this computer, A share located on another computer, or A redirection to a URL, depending on where your home directory is located.
5. In the Local path box, type the path name, share name, or URL of your directory.