X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPS vs Shared Hosting

WordPress Hosting on SSD Servers
    Hello everyone,,

I'm in the process of learning web development and have reached the stage where I'd like to get a website running. Ideally I'd like to create my own portfolio site, have an area for testing, and eventually be able to provide clients with live demos (this will probably be quite far in the future).

Will a shared hosting plan be okay for this? What are the disadvantages as opposed to using a VPS from somewhere like DigitalOcean? I currently have zero experience with Linux and server management in general (I've only ever used shared hosting for my sites in the past). Is this something I should learn as a prospective web developer?

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by DembeRed View Post
    Hello everyone,,

I'm in the process of learning web development and have reached the stage where I'd like to get a website running. Ideally I'd like to create my own portfolio site, have an area for testing, and eventually be able to provide clients with live demos (this will probably be quite far in the future).
    reverse image search email checker
    Will a shared hosting plan be okay for this? What are the disadvantages as opposed to using a VPS from somewhere like DigitalOcean? I currently have zero experience with Linux and server management in general (I've only ever used shared hosting for my sites in the past). Is this something I should learn as a prospective web developer?

Thank you!!!

Thank you my issue has been solved Ideally I'd like to create my own portfolio site, have an area for testing, and eventually be able to provide clients with live demos,..

Comment

Earlier servers were so expensive that most people couldn't afford it. So the idea of sharing the costs and hence the "Shared hosting" was born.

It's 2017 now. Technology has advanced and computers have become super powerful and cheap. If you're just starting now, I would suggest you to at least go for VPS.

Having said that it's not neccessary that Shared hosting is bad or useless in 2017. It has its own benefits. But if you're opting for shared hosting just because you don't know linux is just like not exercising just because you're fat.

With so much online tutorials available online (DigitalOcean itself has its own community filled with all sorts of tutorials), it's easy to learn it.

So my personal suggesting is that you go for VPS in 2017.

Comment

ASP.Net Hosting starts @ $3.18/Mo.
        Simply put, shared hosting means your site will share the same server as many other sites. It's usually the cheapest option but comes with limited bandwidth, administration, and performance capabilities. VPS hosting is a more premium option, with the ability for greater customization and increased performance.

Comment

Working...
        X