Provided steps to install Perl on windows server 2003 is based on IIS 6.0 web server. One needs to perform below mentioned steps to install Perl:
1) Open IIS 6.0
2) Click on the name of your computer -> click on "Web Service Extensions" and one can view few links. One of them says "Add a new Web service extension...", click on that link.
3) In that window it will ask for the extension name one can put anything, like "CGI script" and under the "Required Files" section put 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" %s' click OK to the notification, click "Set status to allowed" and press ok.
4) Now, one need to go at command prompt and "md c:\inetpub\cgi-bin" [without quote].
5) Now go back to the IIS Manager and right click on Default Web Site highlight "New" in the pop-up menu and click "Virtual Directory..." in the new menu.
6) Click next then as an alias put "cgi-bin" and click next then as a path for the next dialog put in "c:\inetpub\cgi-bin". On the next dialog leave everything checked and checks executes and click next.
7) Click Finish to end the installation wizard.
8) Right-click on cgi-bin directory from default web sites and click on properties.
9) Click Configuration in the lower right-hand area of the dialog and make sure .pl is there (if it isn't, add it the way you see it).
To make the scripts work the line (#!/usr/bin/perl) should now be #!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe. Any reference to any files should be changed from /home/user etc, to c:/home/user or c:\\home\\users - note the double back-slashes. Now, one should be able to run Perl scripts successfully using Windows Server 2003, and IIS 6.0.