1. Launch the Internet Information Services IIS Manager.
2. Right-click on a web site and select Properties.
3. Select the Home Directory tab.
4. Near Application settings, click on the Configuration button.
5. Select the Mappings tab.
6. Near Wildcard application maps, click on the Insert button.
7. Enter the path to the aspnet_isapi.dll file, which is usually located in %windir%Microsoft.NETFrameworkv2.0.50727aspnet_isa pi.dll
8. Uncheck the Verify that file exists checkbox.
9. Click on the OK button.
1: Once you follow above steps any request for the specific web site will be executed by the ASP.NET engine.
2: No such additional URL routing configuration is required to run ASP.NET MVC application on IIS 7.0.