FTP Service is not installed by default in windows 2003 server. When we install IIS we must use the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control Panel to install the FTP Service.
1. Click Start -> Control Panel ->, click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. In the Components list click on Application Server -> click Internet Information Services (IIS) and then click Details.
4. Click to select the following check boxes:
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Service
Internet Information Services Manager
5. Click to select the check boxes next to any other IIS-related service or subcomponent that you want to install, and then click OK.
6. Click Next.
7. When you are prompted insert the Windows Server 2003 CD-ROM into the computer's CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive or provide a path to the location of the files, and then click OK.
8. Click Finish.