1. Restore the mailbox from a backup into a temporary folder such as: c:\temp\mailbox
2. Log into the SmarterMail webmail interface as the User and create a folder called "backup".
3. Stop the SmarterMail service from SmarterMail Admin.
4. While still on the server, delete the Mailbox.cfg file in the newly created "backup" folder in the Users account.
5. Move all the files from the c:\temp\mailbox to the "backup" folder.
6. Re-start the SmarterMail service.
7. Log in to the User account.
8. Move all the messages from the backup folder to the inbox folder using the web interface.