• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to Register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

finding large files using shell commands

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding large files using shell commands

WordPress Hosting on SSD Servers
    The below command may be used to find the files that are larger than 20 MB.

find / -type f -size +20000k -exec ls -lh {} \; | awk '{ print $9 ": " $5 }'

This command will print the list of files along with the location and size. It will recursively search for such files in root (/)

ASP.Net Hosting starts @ $3.18/Mo.
    Re: finding large files using shell commands

Got it.. below code works for me Thanks..I'm using it is I am running a GREP command on a very large text file to find keywords in the text file from shell script I am executing a command to set a clearcase view after the view is set there is a new subshell comig up in that subshell i want to execute a command then I am displaying to the screen. It does seem to work if then going to Shell mode (Using putty) I executed the command crontab crontab.txt. I run from my desktop but when I try to use it in ASP it timesout iIf you have a suggestion on how to keep this from happening I would appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
    X