In order to create password protected directory through FrontPage one need to perform below mentioned steps:
1) Open FrontPage 2002.
2) Click on File >> Open Web.
3) Open web in Live Mode (i.e. not from local computer). One can do so by Clicking on the option “Web folder” and selecting web.
4) To Create a subweb Click on Tools >> Server >> Administration Home.
5) Click on the link “Create subweb”.
6) Enter the subweb name.
7) If you want to setup new Administrator login for this subweb, Select the option “Use unique permissions for this web” and provide desired username and password.
8) If you wish to manage this subweb using same login then select the option “Use same permission as the parent web”.
9) Click on the “Submit” button to create the new subweb.
10) Now one needs to specify who can access this subweb.
11) Click on subweb.
12) Click on the link “Manage Users”.
13) Click on “Add user” link to add new user. Provide username and password along with the roles which would limit the user’s ability to access the subweb.
14) Check the appropriate roles.
15) Click on “Add User” button and now subweb is password protected.
Please refer to our knowledge base at the following link for a step-by-step guide to create sub webs via FrontPage:
Password Protected Directory via FrontPage [subweb] - Video Tutorial