If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to Register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
To upload the dump file from PHPMyAdmin follow the steps below,
1) Login to phpmyadmin
2) Select the database
3) Click on the link "SQL"
4) Click on "choose" to browse the dump file from your local system (near the field "Or Location of the text file:")
5) Click "go"
I have never tried it with phpMyAdmin, but what I think could be a solution.
1. Using phpMyAdmin, export the database into a SQL file (Check the 'Save as file' checkbox while exporting the database.)
2. Create a password protected directory on your server.
3. Now upload a PHP file to the same directory and disable its execution time out. Load the SQL statements from the SQL file and let the PHP script execute as a query.
4. Once the database is imported delete the SQL file!
I have not tested this method, but I think this should work smoothly. Do let me know if you are able to do it this way.