X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most preferred: Windows or Linux

WordPress Hosting on SSD Servers
    Hi,

I just want to know your opinion about Windows and Linux servers..What would be the most advisable to use for web hosting?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Most preferred: Windows or Linux

Depends on what you need the computer for. If you want to do high end gaming, with a lot of application support, then I'd go windows. Linux is a good operating system, but windows is still more popular.

Comment

Linux and windows both are more different with one another but Linux is more secure and efficient in comparison to windows server and their security and all feature higher than a windows server.
      We at SageNext provide sage software accounting application services operate in the cloud; hosting any small or medium enterprises.

Comment

Both of them are good, But most people go with windows instead of linux cause most of the things available for windows easily. So, I think you should go for windows if you want everything otherwise for simple applications linux is fine..

Comment

I love windows a lot. It's most reliable and effective and also people love to use it and understand.

Comment

For me Linux for work and programier. And I use them

Comment

It mostly depends on mostly what your computer needs, Linux Hosting is fully compatible with PHP and MySQL (Supports for word press, PHPBB, and Zen Cart). Where Windows Hosting is compatible with windows only has the operating systems for servers. Windows-specific technologies are ASP, .NET, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft SQL server.
              Last edited by Marc_AccuWebHosting; 12-05-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I advise you on windows servers. linux is a good operating system, though most prefer to windows.

Comment

For Web Hosting I suggest you can go through Linux OS. Because it is stability as a open source OS it adapt to almost any environment but in windows is closed OS it has less stability as compare to Linux OS. As an open source OS it is more secure and Cheaper than Windows OS and you have no need to Buy any License for Linux OS. It provides software in very low price as comparison from Windows OS. At the end if your website made in ASP or ASP.NET then you can select Windows web hosting otherwise you go for Linux web hosting.

Comment

Linux Server Is Best For Web Hosting As Comparison To Windows Server. There Are Many Features That Make It Better From Windows Os. First One Is Stability. Linux Server Don’t Crashes Over The Many Years But Window Server Need To Reboot After 5 Years. Based On Unix System It Is More Secure From Windows Server. As An Open Source Linux Provides Many Free Servers Like As Apache, DNS Server And Many More. Linux Is That The System Is Slim, Trim, Flexible, And Scalable. It Adjusts According To Your Computer Environment Regarding Processor Or Machine Architecture. So I Suggest You Linux Is Best For Hosting.

Comment

Linux and Windows have their own advantages and disadvantages. Linux is better for Web hosting and coding processes. Windows is more graphics based. For any?* technical errors related to your browser follow:?*https://ie10support.com/

Comment

ASP.Net Hosting starts @ $3.18/Mo.
                        Hey, you better add VPN to your's online hosting like Bestvpnrating
                        Best VPN services of 156+ VPN providers are reviewed and ranked. Only unbiased reviews made by our experts. Compare their prices and find cheap and fast apps. Use a VPN a

Comment

Working...
                        X