In order to install IIS on windows 2003 server one need to perform below mentioned steps:
1) Click on start menu -> control panel.
2) Click on Add or Remove Programs.
3) Click on Add or Remove Windows Components.
4) In the Windows Components Wizard, under Components, select Application Server.
5) Selecting Application Server performs a default installation of IIS and includes components that are not necessary for Certificate Services. this installation is acceptable for an isolated test environment.
6) Click next -> Finish.