In order to connect MS SQL 2005 database from MS SQL Management studio one need to setup below mentioned configuration:
1. Start SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Click the 'Register Servers' icon on the toolbar.
3. The Register Servers panel should now be visible at the left hand frame, with a node 'Database Engine'. Right click on the node 'Database Engine' and from the context menu, select New -> Server Registration.
4. The 'New Server Registration' window will be visible:
- Server Type: Database Engine
- Server Name: Enter the Public IP Address of the database server and port number in the format IP address, port number. This information can be obtained from your Database Manager within your Helm Control Panel for the domain, for example 184.108.40.206, 1533
- Authentication type: SQL Server Authentication
- Login: The database username you created in your Database Manager within your Helm Control Panel for the domain.
- Password: The database username password you created in your Database Manager within your Helm Control Panel for the domain.