Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To: BlogEngine Installation Guide

Hello All,

BlogEngine is the simplest and most light weight ASP.NET blog tool. One need to perform below mentioned steps to install BlogEngine on their domain:

1: To Download BlogEngine Click Here:

There are 2 download options for BlogEngine.NET. There are web project version and source code version for user to download.

- Web Project: This is an ideal option if you want to use BlogEngine.NET right out of the box and do not have plan to create custom control or extend the software

- Source Code: This is the developer option. If you are interested on seeing how things work or want to add to the functionality, this is your option.

2: Extract [unzip] the files
    3: Upload the folder to web server through FTP.
    4: Set folder as .NET 2.0 Application
    5: Set write permission to the App_Data folder.
    6: Open the web.config files in application folder and delete code as below.
    <trust level="High" />

Thanks,

Shane G.
    AccuWebHosting.Com

Re: How To: BlogEngine Installation Guide

Can I perform steps 4 and 5 on my site, or do I need to request it through support? If I can do it myself, what is the interface for it? (I've looked through Helm and can't find it.)

Thanks,
    Dave

Comment

AccuWeb.Cloud
      Re: How To: BlogEngine Installation Guide

Dave,

You can send request at support for no. 4 and No. 5 steps. However, you can perform No. 4 steps from your end. For that you need to perform below mentioned steps:

1) Login into HELM Control Panel.
      2) Click on domains icon.
      3) Click on Hosted domain.
      4) Click on website settings.
      5) Set your desired ASP.Net Application version from drop down menu at Website Extensions.
      6) Click on save button to apply changes.

Thanks,

Shane G.
      AccuWebHosting.Com

Comment

Working...
      X