In order to connect FTP server with WS FTP Upload Component one need to perform below mentioned steps to configure it:
1. Open WS_FTP program. It will open Connect Host dialog box.
2. Click Create Site button.
3. Name or Profile Name: Enter the name one needs to know this profile.
4. Host Name/Address: This is ftp.yourdomain.com, where yourdomain.com is your actual domain name or server's IP address -> Click Next.
5. User ID: This is the FTP User ID provided by hosting service provider.
Password field: This is FTP Password for FTP user ID.
Host Type: Make sure Automatic detect is selected.
6 Select the site from list and click Connect button.
7. One must configure the ASCII extensions so that text based files will transfer correctly. Click on Tools -> Options menu, click the Extensions tab. Here you enter .htm, .html, .pl, .txt, .cgi or any other file extensions that need to be transferred as text.
8. Click Apply and OK.
8. To upload or download a file, highlight the file, and click the Arrow buttons in between the window that points in the direction you want it to move. In other words, to upload, click a file in the left box, and click the arrow pointing to the right and it will appear on the right.