Each and every year, unrecoverable data loss costs loss of millions of dollars in the business. One survey says that, less than 50% of the small businesses hardly can recover their data lost. For large businesses, losing of data will affect to the lot of customers as well as employees. Data can be lost from computer or server in any number of ways, may be you might accidentally delete a file and some other reason.
To overcome this issue, regular backup of your data will save your precious data. Backing up servers and virtual machines has never been easy, however there are many tools are now available to help IT administrators to protect their virtual infrastructures. IT administrators on a budget may easily use very capable Windows VPS backup tools which comes with the small price tag, some vendors also provide free versions of their product.
This tools can easily ensure that your most important data remains as it is after any type of failure within your computer or server. It’s now easier for organizations to realize cost savings from virtualization. However while saving money, organizations still need to recover critical data when any computer or human error occurs. Take a look at following Hyper-V backup software tools, compare product features against your needs, and then decide which one is right for your organization:
- Veeam Software
- 5nine Cloud Backup for Hyper-V
- Backup for Workgroups
- Altaro Hyper-V Backup
- Yosemite Server Backup
R1Soft/Idera Server Backup is free backup tool for Windows as well as Linux platform. Idera is an affordable, high-performance, disk-to-disk backup software. Anyone can install Idera directly on the server for which user like to backup.Idera allows users to store Disk Safes on the following resources:
- Primary Hard Disk
- Secondary (backup) Hard Disk
- USB drives
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) etc.
AccuWebHosting is a US based leading Web Hosting provider since decade. AccuWebHosting offers complimentary backup support for each of its Premium Windows VPS hosting accounts, ensuring websites are safe year after year. This complimentary backup service includes one data restore per month. Additional backup services are also available in low cost. Company uses Idera as a backup tool. Following are features of Idera Backup tool:
Features of RISoft/Idera’s Windows VPS Backup Tool:
- Assign one or several Data Protection Policies to a Server.
- Backup of Databases and Hosting Control Panels.
- Browse files on Disk Safes.
- Copy Disk Safes between the Server Backup installations; Disk Safes can be moved and copied like regular folders.
- Define which files/folders on a Device will be replicated; by default, all files and folders of the selected Device are backed up.
- Defines Recovery Point Retention for each Policy.
- Defines the disk space quotas.
- Export the selected files/folders from any Recovery Point and save the extracted files/folders to an offsite server or local hard disk.
- It Supports multiple languages.
- It Supports multiple versions of Windows OS.
- Managing multiple users, user groups, and privileges.
- Merging of two or more recovery Points
- Restoration of all or selected files/folders from any Recovery Point.
- Scheduled replication is possible.
- Selection of Devices for replication on the Server.
- Track Disk Safe with built-in on-disk journaling.
» Veeam Software
The thing that makes Veeam unique is the company’s experience in virtualization backup, speed, efficiency and value. Veeam says this agentless backups are now 20 times faster with change-block tracking in Hyper-V, in which the entire VM can be restored in two minutes with the Instant VM restore feature. This tool also offer “forever incremental” backups, deduplication, compression, and unique ways to minimize network traffic which does not affect production.Veeam Backup for Hyper-V includes replication that can achieve recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives that equate to near continuous data protection.
Features of Veeam Software’s Windows VPS Backup Tool:
- Backup and image-based replication.
- Provides Near-continuous data protection (CDP).
- No agents to license, deploy, manage or monitor on hosts or VMs.
- Back up to the cloud
- Distributed architecture to optimize performance in remote office/branch office (ROBO) and large-scale deployments.
- Built-in compression and deduplication
- A web-based console to monitor jobs across multiple backups servers, edit jobs on any server, and search across all backups from a centralized location.
- Real-time monitoring of backup infrastructure, identification of unprotected VMs, resource analysis, and more.
Veeam Protects more than 4 million VMs of 60000+ customers. Veeam Backup & Replication is helping the organizations to make the most of their investments in virtualization.
SyncBackSE has established itself as world-class in the area of backup as well as in synchronization software. The program also allows administrator to create groups of profiles for easier overall manageability as well as task execution and this is a very handy feature. Together with backing up, this software can also be used to synchronize two computers. SyncBackSE can backup data to the hard drives, network drives, external hard drives, DVD, CD, and also to the FTP sites. It can backup files which are locked or open so you can make sure every file is backed up. SyncBackSE has a wide range of customizable features which are as follows:
Features of SyncBackSE’s Windows VPS Backup Tool:
- Can encrypt log file with email.
- Copy locked or open files.
- Easy to use Wizards.
- Extensive Help Documentation.
- Fast Backup and Smart Synchronization.
- Generous Licensing Policy.
- Group settings main window lets you filter profiles listed.
- Option to ignore NTFS encrypted files.
- Powerful FTP engine & AES encryption.
- Profile result shows if profile aborted because too many files would be deleted.
- Profile run history can be seen in profile setup window.
- Regular expressions now treat the backslash character as a line separator.
- SmartSync options to skip and ignore changes.
- Stop, pause, and resume buttons in progress panel.
- Superb feature set and customization.
» 5nine Cloud Backup for Hyper-V
Currently Hyper-V backup solutions are generally expensive as well as isolated solutions which are not easy to integrate with other Hyper-V management solutions. Hosting companies, cloud providers, as well as enterprises who uses Hyper-V need an easy, fully scriptable and cost effective tool which performs backup as well as restore. The 5nine Cloud Backup for Hyper-V is the tool that satisfies all these requirements.
The newly released 5nine Cloud Backup for Hyper-V is a part of 5nine Cloud Manager for Hyper-V that includes 5nine Cloud Backup, Monitor, Anti-Virus and Virtual Firewall for Hyper-V. 5nine Cloud Backup for Hyper-V is a highly scalable, fast, user friendly and cost effective backup and replication solution specifically designed for Hyper-V Private Clouds.
Features of 5nine Cloud’s Windows VPS Backup Tool:
- Fully Scriptable, with PowerShell API, therefore, the backup system can be easily integrated into Cloud Providers control panel and for end user recovery, and also any other Cloud Management applications.
- Functions at the Host level, allowing for image-based backups that do not impact running virtual machines or their applications.
- Uses Microsoft VSS to make sure that the guest OS and VSS-supported application data has backup integrity so that you can perform backups anytime, without having a dedicated backup window.
- It can restore an entire VM, same as bare metal restore.
- Support for up to the 16 node Hyper-V clusters with hundreds of VMs and CSVs.
- At the lowest license level, it includes a centralized Backup Management console.
» Backup for Workgroups
Backup for Workgroups was developed for the small-business owners who wish to backup all of the files from every computers of their network. Usually these groups of computers are known as workgroups, and every computer is known as workstation or client. This server backup software is very easy to set up on the server or PC, it can also manage the backup as well as restoration for all of the computers connected with its network. Additionally, it supports all the Windows operating systems, even though some client computers may running different versions of Windows Operating System.
Generally, this is an adequate product for backing up files, but it offers disk imaging for complete disk recovery and more options for backup media. This tool does not backup to CDs or DVDs or tape, virtual or online storage services. However, it can back up to a variety of drive types, like USB- and FireWire-connected drives, as well as HDD, SDD, SAN and NAS. It also supports RAID arrays.
Features of Backup for Workgroups Windows VPS Backup Tool:
- Backup for Workgroups integrates with VSS in order to backup files that are open and locked.
- The Backup Client can backup the Exchange Mailbox stores while Exchange is running without interrupting the flow of email.
- Backup the SQL database without interrupting the running service of SQL Server.
- Administrator can include the Domain Controllers in backup plan.
- Backup for Workgroups is a client/server application designed to centrally store organization’s backup data to a common hard drive or set of hard drives.
- Once a baseline backup of entire server is taken, on the next run Backup for Workgroups backs up only the new and changed files.
- When you define the number of revisions you want to keep. As files change, this tool will backup the new revisions and automatically ages-off the old revisions and deleted files based on user-defined retention rules.
- Backup data is encrypted with one of three user-selected encryption methods, with 256-bit AES as the highest level of encryption. Backup for Workgroups can also backup ACL Security Settings on files and folders.
- Each file that is backed up is checked to see if it is a duplicate copy of any file that has been backed up by this computer or any other computer on your network. Duplicate files are only stored once at the Backup Server to save storage space.
- If your hard drive fails or you have to replace your computer, you can use the Disaster Recovery restoration option to recover all your backed up files.
» Altaro Hyper-V Backup
Altaro Backup is an fantastic tools for backing up as well as restoring files. It offers some unique functionality for continuous data protection, restoring to a particular restore points and even incremental backups. This software can restore files to an email address and can backup open files. This software gives user friendly interface for file restoration. Although, it doesn’t provide disk imaging or full system state restores.
Altaro Backup is a truly great product for backing up files and versions. It provides continuous data protection, also it can backup the changes instantly. This server backup software also provides a ReverseDelta technology, which is an incremental backup capability which uses less disk space compared to the full version backups. Altaro Backup can also be configured for dual backup which stores backup on separate locations. This offers an additional security of the data. It can also backup open files. This is a great backup tool for backing up of files, however, it is does not offers full disk imaging.
Features of Altaro Hyper-V’s Windows VPS Backup Tool:
- Back up selected VMs to an offsite location over the Internet, boosted by WAN Acceleration.
- Restore single emails directly from MS Exchange Server VM backups.
- Backing up and restoring VMs is very fast using ReverseDelta and OnePass Restore.
- Multiple Hyper-V Hosts can be easily and securely managed from remote locations.
- Backing up live Hyper-V VMs without any downtime using Microsoft’s VSS Hyper-V Writer.
- Cluster support for larger installations.
- Reduce backup storage with powerful compression.
- Secure backups with military grade AES encryption.
- Boot a VM directly from backup and continue working within seconds.
- Mount backed up VHDs and restore files without having to restore a whole Virtual Machine.
- Fast restores of new and old backups with the OnePass Restore.
- Commit databases in VMs that host Exchange, MS SQL or other applications compatible with the Hyper-V VSS Writer.
- Restore VMs to the same Hyper-V Host but with a different name. No need to overwrite your live VMs.
- Configure, backup and manage all your Altaro installs from a single central console.
- Build and test a recovery plan to ensure you’re covered in case of a disaster.
- Restore from multiple points in time rather than just ‘the most recent backup’.
» Yosemite Server Backup
Barracuda Networks provides several server backup products, which ranges from a normal entry-level version to the unlimited enterprise-level version. Barracuda’s product which fits this criteria is Yosemite Server Backup software. This server backup software is easy to use as compared with other backup tools, it also supports most backup media types, such as all disk type devices. Additionally, this software has good encryption options and can handle all types of schedules, including complex popular scheduling protocols.
Features of Yosemite Server’s Windows VPS Backup Tool:
- Cross-platform support for Windows and Linux.
- Agents for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, and more.
- “Bare Metal Restore” from backups.
- Efficient compression and encryption of data.
- High-performance, concurrent data streams for backup and recovery.
- Backs up to disk, CD/DVD, tape drives, autoloaders, and robotic libraries.
- Automated scheduling and media rotation interfaces.
- Alerting of backup completion or errors.
- Centralized management across multiple servers, applications, and devices.
These softwares can ensure that your most important data remains as it was prior to any sort of failure. It’s now easier than ever for organizations to realize cost savings from virtualization. But while saving money, organizations still need to be able to recover critical data when computer or human error occurs.
Latest posts by Rahul Vaghasia (see all)
(Visited 62 times, 1 visits today)